HPC Video Lectures 2016
The HPC support team continually tries to make the usage of CARL and EDDY more accessible for each and every user. At times, this can be quite difficult, given the fact that the Linux command line naturally focuses on more tech-savvy target groups. With this collection of short video tutorials, we would like to extend our service range by an additional component: short video tutorials. Through this, we hope that we can make cluster usage a bit more approachable.
Linux Basics & HPC Access
- Start with SSH - How to login to the cluster using an SSH connection.
- SSH Keys - How to create SSH keys' to make the login more convenient by skipping the password request.
- SCP - File transfer How to copy files from your local machines to the cluster.
- Getting Information from SLURM How to find out more about your SLURM jobs with three crucial commands: sinfo, squeue, & sacct
- Job Sripts + Sbatch How to write job scripts and send them via sbatch to the job scheduler